Perfect Shot of Espresso
Our coffee buyers, tasters and the production team apply the highest standards of quality, which guarantees impeccable beans. However, the perfect coffee in the cup will depend on your own final preparations.
For a perfect espresso, you have to get the very best out of the beans.
Consider the following parameters:
- Water temperature
- Water quality (3-6° dTH for total hardness and 2-4°dKH carbonate hardness)
- Amount of the ground coffee (7 to 10,5 grams per portion according to SCA recommendations)
- Amount of the espresso (25-35 ml including crema per portion of espresso)
- Time of extraction (ideally 20-30 seconds)
- Tamping weight (around 15 to 20 kilograms; depending on grinding level & amount of ground coffee)
Quick-check for perfectly extracted coffee
The coffee is not extracted enough
The coffee is right on point
The coffee is extracted too much